Review: Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll


I probably shouldn't be posting this review since I only read 79% of the book, but that's enough for me to determine that I just don't like it. The only reason I stuck with it for so long is that I did most of my reading during my otherwise boring commute to and from work. It was either read this, or stare at my feet to avoid making awkward eye contact with other commuters.


Reading this book was a way to pass the time, but now I'd rather find a book that interests me. I didn't connect with any of the characters. They were too unlikeable, or the "good" characters only played bit parts in the narrative and were treated as unimportant. The concept was interesting, but the execution did nothing for me. I really disliked TifAni (who spells their name like that?) from the get-go. She's vapid and superficial; she only cares about what people are wearing. Her other big priority is having a wealthy, good-looking husband, who she just about seems to tolerate half the time.

I didn't read enough to see whether she redeems herself later on, but I'd be interested in reading a synopsis at some point and finding out how it all ends.


Rating: 2 stars!


Comments