Interacting with Authors

Nowadays, authors rely heavily on social media to promote their novels. It's a great way for them to spread the word about their newest release. And as a reader and reviewer, not to mention an aspiring writer, social media is also a wonderful way for fans to connect with some of their favourite contemporary novelists. I recently sang my praises for Paula Daly's thriller, Just What Kind of Mother Are You? on Twitter and was more than surprised when the author herself promptly followed and tweeted me.

After this brief conversation, my expression was somewhere along the lines of...

 photo jennifer-lawrence-fangirling-whoalawrence_zpsaa9588d0.gif

And after I tweeted a link to my review of The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson on Pen and Muse this afternoon, the author favourited my tweet. 

 
I was at work when I realised, so I had to excuse myself into the hallway to do this...



Comments