Books About First Love

Some of my favourite books focus on or feature the theme of love, with the main character falling in love for the very first time. Watching the protagonist charmingly fall victim to butterflies or even bats in the stomach, sweaty palms and verbal diarrhoea will often endear me to a character. But sometimes a love story plays out in the midst of a darker narrative, with stolen moments between the love interests providing levity in an otherwise tragic story. 

Here's a list of some of my favourite books about or featuring the theme of first love.


The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson



Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell



The Pact by Jodi Picoult



Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher



Atonement by Ian McEwan



The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

If I Stay by Gayle Forman


Divergent by Veronica Roth


Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


Paper Towns by John Green

Comments